Friday, July 8, 2011

Vacation Part 11: Steve and Jennifer

We made friends on the cruise. I usually make fun of people who make friends on trips, especially trips with your significant other. Mainly because I don't really see the point and because when I go away with my man, I want to spend all my time with HIM. With all that said, we made friends. :)
I'm actually quite thankful we did because when Jarrod was sleeping in the room all day from being sick, I had someone to hang out with. We met them at dinner the first night since we were assigned to the same table and about the third night we found out their room was next door to ours.  I think Carnival really wanted us to be friends.
They really are two of the funniest people I've ever met and we had a great time with them. We actually don't have much in common, except for the fact we both have great danes, but that didn't stop us from clicking.
Jennifer has a THICK southern/Mississippi accent and the first night we met Steve he warned us that he's "that guy" and sure enough he really is. The first night they called us "the rich folk" ONLY because I ordered cheese and espresso with my dessert. They asked if I had "learned that at the Starbucks." (I'm not kidding) They had nicknames for everyone on the ship which made things really funny if one of those people would talk to us. They were rude, crude and loud but we absolutely LOVED them!
Thanks Steve and Jennifer for making our trip so great!


No comments: