Thursday, July 14, 2011

Jonah

The last two Wednesday mornings I've been co-leading a bible study by Priscilla Shirer; Jonah, Navigating a Life Interrupted.

They shock us; they shake us; they compel us to change.  You can't escape life's interruptions, but you can change your perspective on them.  Dive into the study of Jonah and discover that what you see as an interruption may truly be God's divine invitation to a life so much bigger than you can imagine. 
Yesterday during the video, she said something that was inspiring to me.  As a girl, it's hard for me not to look at someone and wish for their life, their clothes, their looks, ya know, the usual girl stuff.  It's not something I really struggle with, I'm confident and comfortable with myself and my life but there are still things and people that make me do a double-take.  It's the whole, "You want what you can't have."  Everyone has this in them...we're human.  Anyways.  At one point Priscilla said..."You don't know the weather God has asked them to walk through."  Everything looks brighter on the outside.  Everyone seems perfect unless, they let you in on all their dunk.  Everyone struggles with something.  Be thankful you don't have to go through what others do.  God gives you what you can handle and nothing you can't.  Be strong, be confident and be happy with your life.

I'm lovin' this study. :)

No comments: