Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Work day on the farm

A week ago today, Sarah and I had our first work day on the farm. It was so much fun. You are required to do one work day during your CSA but I think I'd like to do another. It was a good workout and we had a beautiful day. The temps were in the low 80's and there was a cool breeze the whole time.

The intern, Dennis was the guys we were assigned to. Poor Dennis, sometimes Sarah and I can be a bit much when we are together. We laughed. A lot. However, Dennis was a trooper and pretty much ignored us the whole time.

It was a good day of meeting new people, learning where our food comes from and living the farm life.

A few highlights:
Dennis making us kill the squash bugs with our bare hands
Learning about the 25,000 ladybugs they release in the fields.
The dinner bell ringing at lunch time
Playing with the Millsap's 8 girls
Calling beets radishes
And, last but not least, taking a peek at Rachel's (the other farm intern) living quarters. She lives in an old chicken coop. I so wish I would have taken a picture.  That's Rachel in the picture below with my sister.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: