Thursday, June 23, 2011

Evidence of Mercy

I have a new thing. Ha. I always have a new thing. I'm one of those people that love a lot of things. I get hooked on something for awhile and then move on to the next "thing". Running, is my new thing. I actually hate to run, like REALLY hate to run but it's something that needs to be done. I want to take care of my body and to stay healthy in my older years. However, I have the hardest time getting my booty out of bed to actual do it. For weeks now, I've been getting up 3 maybe 4 times a week but I really want more consistency. Jarrod has been working out for about 20 minutes everyday for the past two years. He kept talking about the books he's been going through since working out. I never really thought that sounded appealing, until now. I really, really want to read. However, there are a hundred things I really want to do. I'm one that could never get board at home. There are so many things I could do, blogs to write, blogs to read, DIY's to do, recipes to make, shows and movies to watch or games to play with Zeda. Reading is something that gets pushed to the back burner.  Since starting to run, I haven't really listened to music while running. I mean, I like music, but it's not something that motivates me.  I can stop in the middle of a song with no problem.  However, a week ago, I started listening to the book below and have ran longer and farther then I have since starting.  Also, I've been able to get out of bed everyday because I can't wait to hear what happens next.  I'm in love.  Mainly because I'm "reading" and working out all at the same time.  So, I have about 10 books on hold right now at the library.  Let's hope this "new thing" sticks.

No comments: