Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blackberries, Quinoa and more blackberries




Okay, another cooking post... This time, it's stuff we totally made up. We are headed out tomorrow for vacation, so we were trying to eat up all our fresh fruits and veggies because Melissa (our friend who is house-sitting for us) doesn't like anything...really, nothing. She says, "I like bread, sugar and dairy." Ha. If we left her stuff, she wouldn't eat it.
We had 2 eggplants, zucchini, onions, tomatoes and a bunch of blackberries. I had bought some quinoa at Momma Jeans because I wanted to taste and see what all the hype is about. I cooked the quinoa and threw it in with my veggies. Jarrod and I were in love, therefore, quinoa will defiantly be in more of my dishes.
Our blackberry bush is thriving this year...we've had many handfuls hit our kitchen. I made some lemon/blueberry/blackberry muffins for the trip tomorrow and while I was baking, Jarrod decided to use the rest of my lemon concentrate to make us some blackberry drinks. He used, lemons, sugar, blackberries, ice and wine. It was yummy...almost too yummy. Well, I'm off to continue to clean the house. Sorry, Melissa...don't look too close.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: