Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My little water bug

Zeda loves the water...I mean LOVES the water. I'm so happy because her daddy loves to swim and if we had a little one who didn't want to swim he'd be a bit disappointed. We were a little worried at first...she hated bath time. She screamed and kicked when we put her in a tub until she discovered that she could splash. Now bath time is super fun for her and not so much for me. Since Friday Z had been in a pool everyday even if it's just for a little while. She gets all lathered up with a little hat on and sits on the stairs splashing until someone grabs her and takes her to the deep end. I realized the other day the girl has 5 swim suits for the summer. I thought it was a bit ridiculous but she's been in all of them already so it's not so bad, right? :)
This weekend was full of fun and excitement. We worked hard and played her. Saturday was a little family day to ourselves. We got many things done on our to-do list, played and ate good (I'm post pictures later of our wonderful food.) Sunday was Jarrod's family day and Monday was my family day. It was relaxing and enjoyable being with everyone. I love watching everyone with Z baby and getting to hold our new little addition...Ava Rebecca. Jarrod got to play some gulf and I made huge head way on the two parties coming up. I asked Jarrod, "What am I going to do with all my time once these parties are over" He said, "I'm sure you'll find something." Ha, he's right :) Last night we had my mom's birthday party. It was going to be at my house until my mom came over in the morning to sit while Z napped and I went to the dr. (more on that in a bit) and as she was leaving she said, "Let's just have the party at my house." Ha. I hadn't cleaned yet and party stuff was all over my kitchen. :) So I prepared the meal and dessert and took it over to Mom and Dad's for the party. Mom just lost about 65 pounds (WAY TO GO MOM) so the meal consisted of grill chicken salad with lots of fixing (fixing were for the rest of us) and strawberry shortcake (Mom's favorite) I even made my own whip cream! It was a fun night and the first of many party this month. Here is what's on the agenda for the next few weeks...
Laura's Jewelry party on Thursday, Garage sale at my house Saturday, sister's sip n' see on Sunday, Tuesday is Z's actual birthday- Jarrod is taking the day off and the three of us are going to party, Saturday is my first wedding of the season, and Sunday is Z's baby dedication and birthday party!!!!! Soooo fun. I can't wait for everything to get here. There will be lots of pictures and post to come!
Oh yeah...my dr. visit. I've had a nasty cold for a couple of weeks now. Last week it went from the common cold symptoms to feeling like I've been punched in the face and developed like five cavities on my top teeth. I couldn't take it anymore so I made an appointment. Turns out I have a major sinus infection. He gave me amoxicillin and told me to be faithful with my neti pot. He was a little unsure the meds would actually get rid of it so we will see how long it will last! However, it's not going to ruin my party fever! That's for sure!

No comments: