Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Step in History

I decided I should start posting historical moments in our world rather then JUST moments in the Murdaugh's world.  The whole point of my blog is for me to look back and remember life as it was "then".  There are moments in society that shape us and our culture and I want to document them on my blog.

I'm going to start with Osama Bin Laden's death.  In NO way will I make political opinions.  I told myself from the beginning I would never do that.  What I will say is that I can't bring myself to "rejoice" over this death, but I am proud of my President and everyone who serves our country. 

All of these crazy comments that are circulating out there, people throwing their opinions to the wind about Bin Laden, our President or whatever, saddens me.  I'm very thankful to live in a country with freedom of speech but sometimes people use that privilege to a whole new level.

Troops, I pray for you daily, thank you for your dedication and hard work.  I pray, when the time comes, you make it home safely.
Obama telling the American people that Bin Laden is dead. 5.1.11.
Image found here.

No comments: