Sunday, November 20, 2011

Weekend Run Down: November 18-20

This weekend was a productive weekend, not a super social one but a much needed work weekend.
November 18-20
Friday: Zeda and I went to story time at the library and got our usually 4 books for the week.  After, over an hour there we headed to Target for a major shopping trip.  I had Christmas shopping on my mind and a very large coupon in hand.  I was able to get a lot of items for Z's new room (her Christmas present) including her sheets.  Sheets were the main goal of the trip so we could pick out paint.  Once we got home and I put her down for a nap.  I was HIGHLY motivated, which is extremely rare these days.  So, I finished moving the whole office to our closet (Yes, I have to get pretty creative with my space, or lack thereof).  However, I'm happy to say, I have a new shelf for my event/craft stuff that is still a work in progress.  
Once Jarrod got home, I sent him to the attic to take a few boxes up as well as bring all my Christmas decorations down.  I'm pretty against putting up Christmas before Thanksgiving but we will be gone next weekend and really, I needed to take advantage of my energy while I could.  Later we had Nik and Meg come over to pick up the Christmas tree they are borrowing, plus, I needed her help picking out a color for Z's new room.  After they left, I finished the tree and Jarrod took the crazy mirror doors off the closet in the office before we headed to bed.
 Saturday morning:  Jarrod made some killer french toast, after I judged him on the amount of cinnamon he put in.  He was right, I was wrong. :)  Then we headed out the door to drop his car off for a tire rotation, visit multiple carpet stores to get samples and pick up the paint we chose the night before, then we headed home for some lunch.  Once we put Z down for her nap, Jarrod left to get the lumber for her bed and to, of course, tame our ever accumulating leaves.  I was hitting my max and had to lay down for a bit.  Once I woke up, I showered and headed out the door to see a friend from high school's sweet little newborn at her Sip and See.  It was so good to see Amanda and her new little man.  He is adorable and she is such a good mommy.  I was able to visit with some other friends I hadn't seen in awhile, we laughed, ate and snuggled babies before we parted ways.
  Once I got home, I made some dinner and chased Z around while Jarrod cut part of her bed in the garage.  The rest of our fun filled Saturday night was laundry, Christmas decorations and an episode of Dexter.  Sounds like we're old, but it was glorious.
 Sunday morning was more french toast and laundry before heading out the door for church.

Once Z was down for her nap (do you see a reoccurring thing here?  We only get work done when she is asleep, praise the Lord she sleeps a lot) we got to work on painting the office.  I did trim and he did the roller.  Yes, I wore a mask and took breaks so I wouldn't get the little baba high in my belly.  Jarrod was in the mood for some hot chocolate and I didn't have any on hand so I made some from coca for the first time on the stove and I'm pretty sure I'll never use a packet again.  I just used a basic recipe on line and it was AMAZING.  Plus, I got to break in my Christmas mugs for the season.
Also, during painting breaks, I worked on my birthday/gender reveal party that's coming up in a couple of weeks! Yay! 
We were able to get the whole room painted (one coat paint is FOR SURE the way to go) before we headed to his parents house for our usual Sunday dinner.

I feel pretty good about our weekend.  My back on the other hand is KILLING me.  Hopefully I wont be on my feet as much tomorrow.  However, it doesn't really seem to matter.  The back pain this time has been unreal. There are seriously times when I limping because it hurts so bad.  This baby is rough on it's mama. :)

Tomorrow is a new day, birthday lunch with my friend Ashleigh and the ultrasound in the afternoon.  Can't wait to see baby tomorrow!

No comments: