Sunday, March 20, 2011

Health Nut Muffins

My friend, Brooke, had these amazing muffins on her blog the other day and I just had to try them.  I made a few changes due to what I had in my pantry (highlighted in red).  The spices below are the reason my house smalled so good after making these yummy things.   





Health Nut Muffins

3/4 cup turbinado sugar (I used white sugar)
3/4 cup flax seed meal
5 ripe bananas
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 cup chocolate chips (couldn't help myself) 

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350. Grease large muffin tin or loaf pan.
2. In large bowl, mix sugar, flax seed, bananas, milk, yogurt and eggs. In separate medium bowl, combine, flour, soda, salt and spices. Gently stir dry mix into wet.
3. Bake 50 minutes.

No comments: