Sunday, October 24, 2010

NPR

As some of you may know my all time favorite radio station, NPR (National Public Radio) has been in the news more than usual this week. I will refrain from weighing in on the political discussion going on right now, but I will say for anyone who has never taken the time to dial in I would highly recommend it. Everyone I know who has ever given it a chance loves it and there's much more than just classical music and dry commentary on holiday treats a la SNL. For any music lovers out there one of my favorite programs is All Songs Considered. All Songs is a weekly broadcast that goes through all different types of music that you probably won't hear anywhere else. To be completely upfront, most of the music they play is my type of music; however, even on weeks where they choose a genre that may not be something I'd normally listen to it's still great to hear the new things musicians are coming up with and the commentary from host Bob Boilen helps to give some really valuable insight. The show is on every Friday evening on my local station, but I've found the best way to keep up with it is to listen to the podcast whenever I have time. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

LindseyBF said...

Agreed, agreed, agreed! Actually, I couldn't agree more with all you said! Hooray for NPR!