Wednesday, July 8, 2009

One Month and Three Years

Today marks two large milestones in our life. Zeda is now one month and Becca and I have been married for three years. Both of these on their own are very exciting to me and when I step back and realize what an amazing time this is in my life it just makes me feel really good and blessed with how well my life is going.

I really had every intention to write several more blogs than I have over the last month and give progress on Zeda and her family, but the last month has been quite hectic. Zeda is doing great and she seems like she changes every day. I was able to take the first two weeks after she was born off from work and it was extremely hard to go back at the end. Everyone has to ask how much sleep whe're getting, and I'm very happy to say that Zeda is an exceptionally good baby and good sleeper, so most nights we're only having to get up once or twice throughout the night (knock on wood). The first few days after we got back weren't quite as easy and she was waking up every hour, but now that she has grown accustom to our schedule things are going great. She eats really well and very often and overall just seems to be a very happy, content baby. Both dogs have gotten used to her also, and are pretty much disinterested with her at this point. Best of all, loud noises seem to not phase her at all when she's sleeping, so a 115lb dog barking or a loud boom from a firework only results in a slight flinch and then continued sleep. We've really got a great baby.

Three years ago today, a baby was probably the last thing on my mind and definately was on Becca's. Becca was frantically rushing around and I, as ussual, was somewhat less frantic, even though I probably should have been more. It just really doesn't seem that long ago, but I couldn't have asked for a better three years. Through everything Becca has been such a great wife and I seem to fall in love with her more every day. And now with Zeda around, it becomes crystal clear why I married her in the first place. She's a perfect mother and it always amazes me how much love she can have for her little girl. I know the next three years will be completely different from the previous ones, but I couldn't be more excited for them and to have the opportunity to see our family grow.

1 comment: