Monday, February 6, 2012

So proud of my Meg

The last 6 months have been bitter sweet.  I absolutely love being pregnant and I'm so excited to meet and be a mommy to my little man but it's been a little hard to be outwardly excited for this baby.

Not even two weeks after I had a positive test my business partner Meg had one too.  Although we were excited to be pregnant together, we knew it was going to be a rough wedding season for us (dealing with after pregnancy hormones and two infants) to say the least.  Sadly Megan lost her baby and things became different.  She was able to get pregnant pretty fast with baby number two but her and Nik experienced loss again.  I can't explain the feeling of walking up to your best friend with a huge baby bump knowing the depth of her pain and the agony of her loss.

You only want the best for the people you care most about.  I pray every night for her strength and Z prays that Mae Mae gets a baby in her belly.

Megan and Nik both need time to heal but I know God has such a sweet sweet baby in their future.  (I'm sure it will be a little bossy just like it's momma) :)

Today, I think Meg took a huge step in her healing process and I'm so proud of her.  She wrote about her pain in a very beautiful way.

It's worth the read even if you've never experienced this kind of loss.
Twenty+Eight

1 comment:

Emily said...

Proud of you, too! Meg's blessed to have you as a friend. :)