Thursday, August 12, 2010

Myfitnesspal


My FitnessPal has entered my life in the past week. Let's see how long it stays. Ha.
Two Monday's ago, my small group had a pool party (picture above) and all the girls were talking about how much weight they have lost from counting their calories. I had just gotten back from vacation and eating more calories in one day then I should in a week. Ha. I was sitting there with a very satisfied belly but without a success story of my own. A couple weeks before I went on vacation my friend Bethany (the girl above) made me start a myfitnesspal account because she had luck with it. I half heartedly did it for a couple of day and then forgot about it. However, last Monday when I saw Bethany in her little bikini, I got inspired. She has lost 10 pounds recently and looks great. Here are the other girls in my SG: Danielle has lost 20, Sarah 18, Laura 10 and Ashleigh (who is already tiny) 5. So, it was time for me to get my butt in gear. I've been wanting to lose 10lbs for months now and just haven't been motivated. Now I'm motivated. I actually want to lose 15. I've lost 3 pounds since I started counting and I will say it feels good.

I don't have a set date I want to lose it by. I want to go slow. The slower you go the easier it is to keep off. Plus, I need to still eat normal because I'll never maintain it if I don't. I LOVE food too much to take anything out of my diet. I just need to control my portion sizes. Jarrod is also an inspiration to me. He has lost 10 pounds in the last few months just by working out everyday. That is my next step...getting on a regular workout routine. Ugh.

There are so many people in my world that has lost weight recently...My brother-in-law has lost 30, my mom 70 and my other friend Melissa has lost 20. Okay, it's time. I'm doing it!
I guess now that I have put this out there, I totally HAVE to do it...I don't want to look like a failure on my own blog. So, here it is. I'll keep you undated.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

foodierachel said...

I go to Doling- its close and pretty cheap! Let me know if you want to try it, I have a few guest passes :)