Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bon Bon

My good friend Bonnie shared with me some pretty awesome stuff today so I had to pass it along. She sent me an email after reading my previous post, New Years Resolution with some great great ideas for my resolution of buying gifts from charities. Here is one I'm totally going to use. Saint's Coffee I've been looking through their website and just love their mission.

Saint’s Coffee is a small-batch, micro-roaster offering specialty blends and unique varietals of 100% Fair Trade Certified™ and organic coffees. But beyond being the freshest, finest, and fairest of them all—Saint’s Coffee is transforming the lives of orphaned children by investing over 1/3rd of net profits from every sale into organizations helping children.

What does this mean to you? It means for every pound of the Saint’s Coffee you purchase, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you’ve fed an orphan for a month.

Wow-I love that. I've been able to see an orphanage in a 3rd world country up close and it's just down right horrific. You can't help but pour your heart into those children. Since I've had Zeda children touch me in a way they never have before. Zeda girl has definitely changed my outlook and has made me 100 times more compassionate. I would love to feed an orphan for a month so friends you will be getting coffee for your birthday!!! Thanks Bonnie.

No comments: