Friday, February 25, 2011

A twist on Chicken fried rice

The other day my friend Rachel posted this new recipe and I figured we had to try it. I started counting calories again, I stopped when I was 5 pounds away from my goal so it's time to get those 5 pounds off. Last night, I made a delicious meal that was only 200 calories (well, it's 200 calories depending on your serving size).

How was it only 200 calories when there is rice in the mix, you ask??? The rice is replaced with cauliflower and you can't even tell a difference, really, I promise.

Check out Rachel's instructions here


Here are the ingredients I used:

1 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 chicken breast, cubed
3 large eggs
3 cloves of garlic
olive oil
soy sauce
1/2 cup green onions
1 cup frozen peas
1 can water chestnuts

Chop the cauliflower into tiny pieces and set aside. Place oil, garlic and chicken in skillet on medium heat until chicken in no longer pink, then set chicken aside. Using the same skillet, scramble eggs with splashes of soy sauce, then set aside with chicken. Add a little more oil and garlic to the skillet and pour in cauliflower, onions, peas, chestnuts and more soy sauce. Cover and cook on medium for about 7 mins. Then add the chicken and eggs, turn up the heat and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Serves: 6
1 serving = about 200 calories

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

foodierachel said...

Yeah! I'm glad you liked it!