Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tom is my love...

You've all been able to gather from my previous posts here and here, I'm obsessed with my Toms. Again, I will say, I just love their mission and the shoes really are the most COMFORTABLE shoes ever!
Today Toms is asking our nation to take a stand and go shoeless for one day to see what life is like for all the people who do not have shoes. I will admit my day is pretty easy and I'm sure no one in my office will even notice I'm without shoes but above is a picture of me at my desk barefoot. I'm just hoping I don't step on mouse poop, but if I do I'm sure there are kids today in other countries that are stepping on far worse things than I am.
I thank my God for allowing me to have shoes and to live a blessed life. Because of that I will do my best to help those in need. One of my goals is to get other people buying Toms. I'm proud to have accomplished that task in one family. Kari, a friend of Jarrod's, told him yesterday at work that after reading my blog she went out and bought her a pair of Toms and her kids Toms too. Thanks Kari-That's awesome!!! If anyone reads this today, take off your shoes even if it's for a little bit and think what life would be like if you didn't have any shoes.
I'm adding to my bucket list: Go on a Toms drop off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm shoeless about 90% of the time, but I will happily remain so today for a good cause!

BrookeS said...

Yesterday I saw a girl in gold sparkle Tom's. Of course there would be gold sparkle Tom's out here.