Monday, November 10, 2008

The Test

On October 11, 2008 Becca and I decided to take a pregnancy. In reality, I had a feeling that the test wouldn't result in anything, so in the few minutes between when she took the test and when she walked into the kitchen with the test in her hand I had kind of lost track as to what we were doing. As I was standing next to the island, sorting through the mail, Becca approached me and without saying a word handed me the test. For those that don't know me well, as smart as I can act most of the time I'm a little slow on the uptake, so as I stood there and stared at the big plus sign I didn't quite comprehend what was looking back at me. I looked up at Becca, looked back down and suddenly it hit: we were having a baby!

For all of our friends, family, and those who have just stumbled across this site my goal for this blog is to present an ongoing view into the lives of our new family. For the next seven months there will be a lot of focus on Becca's pregnancy, including some of the major milestones and comments from both Becca and me on the preperation of becoming parents. However even after June 11 (the due date) I want to continue to use this site to update those who are interested in how things are going for us and the new baby. Ideally, this is something that will have a long life and not only provide you with a window in, but also provide us with something that we can look back on. I highly encourage comments, feedback, and questions, and while I can't make any guarantees, I plan to provide regular updates. Thanks for taking the time to check in on us. I hope you enjoy our lives as much as we do.

3 comments:

Becca Murdaugh said...

When it finally did hit him his look was priceless.

Megan said...

Yeah! You have a blog! :)
She should've taken the test on the day my wedding...ya know, so we could have a whole Friends moment. Love you guys!

Sarah said...

You guys are too cute. Just when I thought I knew everything there was to know about you guys... :-)
This should be a fun read every now and then! Thanks for sharing!